05 Apr 30% Off Running Assessments – Chartered Physiotherapist Toby Sullivan
As many of you know at ML Chiropractic we are constantly expanding the services we offer in the clinic to give our customers easy access to a range of in house health professionals. Through offering these therapies from experienced expert practitioners we help to address your injury recovery and performance improvement via a rounded and complete approach to care.
Toby Sullivan is one of the physiotherapists working at ML, he brings with him a wealth of experience and knowledge. In the run up to the marathon Toby is offering a special 30 % discount for his in depth running assessment to help keen amateur and professional athletes resolve their running problems and increase their chances of achieving a PB!
Toby Sullivan is a Chartered Physiotherapist and Associate member of the UK Strength and Conditioning Association. He is also a runner and triathlete and understands the frustration of being injured. His passion is to help you come back faster and stronger than before, armed with the knowledge and skills to help prevent reinjury.
Toby graduated from St George’s Medical School, University of London and has subsequently worked around the UK and France and has also been involved with several Theatre, Film and TV productions. Early on in his career, alongside his busy clinic schedule, he pursued his interest in Sports Physiotherapy working with the Hammersmith and Fulham Rugby Team for 3 seasons. The next 4 years were taken up supporting professional dancers from the West-end Stage, TV and Film productions and his rockstar moment as physio occurred when he was needed on stage at Brixton Academy for the UK Breakdance Championships in front of 4000 people. During his career he has also managed to squeeze in a season Meribel in the French Alps, providing much needed attention to the aching spines and limbs of skiers and snowboarders as they stepped off the slopes.
He loves working with athletes from all sports focussing on getting them back to their best. He has worked extensively with runners and particularly enjoys getting injured runners back to running. When he is not entertaining his daughter, his spare time usually involves running; at present he is deep in training for the Virgin London Marathon where he hopes that, with a strong wind behind him, he is able to break the 3 hour barrier.
A running assessment consists of:
- A detailed history of your running career, current training mileage, training methods and goals;
- A functional movement screen to assess any flexibly and strength deficits that could contribute to poor running technique;
- A detailed video gait analysis on the treadmill.
- Running drills to improve technique;
- One or two cues to put into practice on weekly runs;
- A strength and conditioning program appropriate for your current level of strength to improve running economy and to assist in injury prevention.
- There will also be time to address any questions on training plans and guidance on race preparation if you have an event coming up.